The National Schools Rugby Tournament cares about your privacy and takes measures to safeguard and protect your personal data. This privacy statement (“Policy”) covers the information practices, including how the National Schools Rugby Tournament collects, uses, shares and secures the personal information you provide directly or via https://www.nsrt.org.uk
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web site. This information is used internally to monitor access of the web site. We do not use this information to try and identify individual users of the web site.
There are areas on our site where you can optionally enter your name, school name and email address. We use this information to send updates about the tournament. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings by replying to any email sent.
By entering the tournament you agree to allowing the reproduction of images and text regarding the tournament. We will not publish anything on this site or in the press which can be used to identify a child or any information about you or your school which is not already in the public domain (e.g. directions to a venue school).
Sharing of information
We do not share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to organisers managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you e-mails based on your requesting information.
Information that we process about you in respect to interactions with National Schools Rugby Tournament
By interacting with National Schools Rugby Tournament (e.g. accessing the NSRT website) we process a certain amount of amount of information including your personal data on your behalf
This section sets out all of the information that we may process on your behalf.
- Information provided by you when interacting with the National Schools Rugby Tournament:
- your name, title, contact details (such as phone number, email address);
- your school details (including your School Name, School Address, Website URL) (“school details”);
- your interest in participating or receiving updates about tournament logistics. (“content preferences”);
- your consent for us to hold your data (if you have supplied it), or instructions not to be contacted (aka Opt out) for other types of communications. (“preferences & basis for consent”)
How we collect that information
- We collect information about you in the following ways:
- When you register for additional information on our website.
- If you provide your contact details whilst attending a tournament or when entering the tournament
Purposes of processing your personal data
To provide details of the logistics and useful information about tournaments (e.g. the draw, timings of matches, results, late changes due to poor weather).
To meet legal or regulatory requirements – we are required to comply with certain legal and regulatory requirements when providing services to our participants and we may process personal data in order to comply with these requirements. Occasionally, we may be asked to provide certain information to regulators or law enforcement agencies and we will comply with these requests where legally required or permitted. This processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we, your school or the regulator or law enforcement agency are subject.
- We may use carefully selected third parties to carry out certain activities such as data hosting or the operational support of the Website.
- We occasionally share data with 3rd parties with whom we collaborate in joint marketing efforts, such as schools and sponsors.
- We do not sell mailing lists to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Where required or permitted by law, your information may be provided to others, such as regulators and law enforcement agencies.
For how long do we retain your personal data
- We store personal data in line with legal, regulatory, financial and good-practice regarding archiving policy.
Your rights because we process your personal data
- To exercise any of the rights outlined below, because we process your personal data, you should contact us.
- You have a right to:
- access your personal data;
- rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- obtain erasure of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing in certain circumstance;
- obtain restriction of processing of your personal data in certain circumstance;
- object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (including when it is processed on the basis of a legitimate interest, provided that in this case, you give details about why you object and your particular situation);
- object to receiving direct marketing, if your personal data is used for direct marketing;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstance;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which is the ICO (and the details are provided above); and
- object to and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or significantly affects you.
Cross border transfers of personal data
- We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Union, except to carefully selected third parties that we have instructed to help us with the operation of our website.
- In the case of transfers outside of the European Union, we rely on one of the European Commission’s decisions of adequacy (for example, relying on a Privacy Shield certification where the transfer contains a US entity); or we will use reasonable efforts to put in place appropriate safeguards to cover transfers of your personal data including, for example, through the use of approved standard-form contracts (standard contractual clauses/data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission).
How and when we may change this Policy
- We will keep this Policy under review and any changes made from time to time will be posted on this page. Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates or changes to this Policy.
- This Policy was last updated in May 2018.